Arrowhead’s first Muncie, Indiana facility was founded in March of 1972 in a 1600 square foot building. Our company grew quickly, and later in 1972 we moved to a 4000 square foot building. In 1973, we purchased our first vacuum forming machine. The machine was very simple and very limited in its capabilities, but it got the job done. The machine was located in the middle of a facility primarily geared toward fiberglass fabrication. Most of the parts ran on the machine were for the bus and truck Industry.
Our customer base and level of production quickly outpaced the size of the facility, which led to the move to a new 35,000 square foot location in 1977 on the south side of Muncie. This facility is now the home of our fiberglass and composite molding facility.
As Arrowhead gained more customers, the need to supply plastic parts as well as fiberglass parts became more apparent. Eventually, we decided that it was time to purchase another building to be used as a vacuum formed plastic production facility. In 1996, we bought a building in Eaton, Indiana and created a separate thermoforming division of Arrowhead Plastic Engineering. This 30,000 square foot facility houses seven thermoforming machines and two (5) axis CNC routers to serve our customers’ diverse plastic production needs.